Welcome to Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church..
In-person worship on Sunday mornings (10:30) has resumed at Trinity Lutheran Church. It is important to keep in mind that returning to our traditional worship space does not mean a “return to normal”. While Trinity is making every effort to follow guidelines established by the CDC, state and local governments and other scientific experts, one can never be completely shielded from the risk of illness caused by Covid-19 or other infections.
As concerned and committed Lutheran-Christians, we commit to and observe the following principles in order to protect ourselves and others, and to preserve the worship environment that we share and value.
- If you are ill; please stay home.
- If you have pre-existing health conditions that put you at risk; please stay at home.
- Please wash your hands. Often.
- Masks are required to enter the building (Masks available upon request)
- Occupancy of the Sanctuary is limited to 65 people
- Greeters will collect information for contact tracing should someone report being ill after attending worship
- Families sit together, others sit six feet, or more apart
- Touch-less hand sanitizer is available at the entrance
- Bathrooms on the lower landing remain open. Cleaning materials provided. Those who use the bathroom should sanitize door handles and faucets before and after use
- Maintain six feet, or more, physical distance. Markers are placed on the floor.
- No singing. No spoken responses
- The Cantor, Assisting Minister, and Pastor will lead spoken and sung portions of the service. Congregation members will use silent gestures as responses.
- For Communion, worshippers will bring bread from home. All will remain in their pews. There will be no wine.
- Offering plates will not be passed. A basket will be placed near the doorway.
- The Passing of the Peace will be done by gesture rather than touch.
- Use of phones & tablets encouraged. Bulletins sent by email
- Use one entry/exit-double doors on Beach Street opening to narthex
- Handicapped entrance-door St. Paul’s Avenue opening to narthex
Failure to follow these practices may require Trinity to ask that one who violates these practices not attend worship. In other words, conduct is not a suggestion; it is mandatory.
If you are not comfortable with “in-person” worship, visit our You-Tube channel TRINITY S.I. and follow us live. ZOOM Worship Services continue as well.
For more information please contact the church office at (718) 447-0526 or send an email to: TrinityLutheransi@TLCSI.org. We would love for you to join us!
Our Feeding Ministry is suspended until further notice. We cannot accept donations of any kind.