We believe in one God, who has revealed himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit and believe that through Christ’s death on the cross and his resurrection, we are offered the forgiveness of sin and salvation. Lutherans are a diverse group of people, convinced that the Holy Spirit is leading us toward unity in the household of God. Members of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America are connected to the faith of the church through the ages and around the world.
- Lutherans believe in the Triune God, and that we are part of God’s unfolding plan.
- When we gather for worship, we connect with believers everywhere and of every time.
- When we study the Bible and pray, we are drawn more deeply into God’s own saving story.
- When we serve others and address social issues that affect the common good, we live out our Christian faith.
- We invite you into this community of Christian faith. Welcome.
The faith of the Lutheran Church is grounded in Holy Scripture which together with the creeds and the confessions of the church, provides a stable faith in often chaotic and troubling times. We are a sacramental church stressing Baptism and the Lord’s Supper as the means of God’s grace and gift of the Holy Spirit. All who are baptized are welcomed to receive Holy Communion. Those who seek to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, but not yet baptized are welcomed at the table for a blessing.